The Beat of the Drum

What to Expect From Bottlerock 2017

Audrey Palmer, Managing Editor, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Bottlerock Napa Valley is a music festival located at Napa’s local fairgrounds. This isn’t your small county music show. In past years headliners have been No Doubt, Snoop Dogg, Imagine Dragons, Stevie Wonder, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. This year is the fifth year of Bottlerock which features Maroon 5, Tom Petty, Foo Fighters, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and The Roots. It will be held May 27-29, at 575 3rd St; about a 10 minute walk from downtown Napa.

Inside the fairgrounds there will be four stages. The biggest stage will be where the headliners play, the Jam Sellars stage. Hundreds upon hundreds of people will be in this area. Up close there are screaming crowds and masses of people dancing and singing. Near the back of the huge masses, people sit on blankets and can enjoy the music from afar.

There will be an abundance of food booths and trucks with everything from sushi to fresh squeezed juices. The entire fairground will be surrounded by food and an abundance of wine available to purchase. Since it is in May the weather is usually hot so there will be plenty of water bottle filling stations and places to buy all kinds of beverages.

Leann Rody, a Junior at Napa High will be attending Bottlerock for the first time this year. She is only going to the Sunday performances and is most excited to see Bad Suns. Rody believed that the environment is “Probably going to be cool”  and is excited to see what the fairgrounds will be decorated. Rody is very happy to be going this year and “Bottlerock seems exciting because it’s my first year and i’ve heard a lot about it”.

In addition, these bands will also be showcased: Modest Mouse, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, The Roots, Silversun Pickups, Band of Horses, Fitz & The Tantrums, Dirty Heads, Live, The Naked and Famous, The Devil Makes Three, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Gavin DeGraw, St. Lucia, House of Pain, Bob Moses, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Saint Motel, The Strumbellas, AlunaGeorge, Frightened Rabbit, Andra Day, Galactic, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Mavis Staples, Ani DiFranco, Bishop Briggs, Lewis Del Mar, Highly Suspect, Judah & the Lion, Elephant Revival, Warren G, Bad Suns, Giraffage, gnash, The Staves, The Barr Brothers, Pell, Hippo Campus, Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas, Barns Courtney, Hiss Golden Messenger, The California Honeydrops, The Hunna, 888, Prinze George, Con Brio, La Santa Cecilia, The Shelters, SWMRS, Run River North, James Hersey, Day Wave, DREAMERS, HIRIE, Baskery, City of the Sun, Cobi, PARTYBABY, A R I Z O N A, The Heydaze, Parade of Lights, little hurricane, Marty O’Reilly and the Old Soul Orchestra, Josh Kelley, Jessica Childress, Corey Harper, WILD, Saint Mesa, Hibbity Dibbity, The Helmets, Pacific Radio, The Redwoods Revue, Doobie Decibel System, Troubadour 77, Silverado Pickups, Tracksuit Wedding, Secure the Sun, Serf and James, Kadin Yeahmon, Alec Lee, and the Napa Youth Symphony.