The student news site of Napa High School

The Beat of the Drum

Count Down to Summer

Henley Frommelt, Reporter

The countdown to summer has begun. Students counting the days of summer, starting to plan fun activities from planning trips to going to camps to hanging out with friends. So as the days of summer come closer the more fun the students start to have.

One of the main things that people get more excited for the 4th of July, long summer nights and the fun get together with friends. The one activity people like to do is spend long summer nights with friends and take risks. Noelle Core a sophomore at Napa high states that “She loves going out at night with friends, swimming and going on adventures.” Core explained that she has already started having some fun nights over the weekend and getting more excited every day that we get closer to summer. As well as going on little weekend adventures to the beach, hiking, soccer games and much more. Core said that since most of her friends have their license they will be able to go and do fun little things around Napa without having to have their parents take them places.

Other students are not wanting the school year to come to an end because that is causing more stress on their part. With trying to keep their grades up, studying for finals and just a lot of stress that they do not want to have. Jada Dunn, for example, is a freshman at Napa High that is trying very hard to keep all her grades up, making sure she knows all the information for finals that are slowly coming up and on top of that she is on the track team. Dunn explained very strongly how she wishes summer was a little further away then it is so she has time to finish different projects, turn in late work and be more successful in her classes. As she went on, she explained how stress is building up for her with classes and really trying to be able to pass finals with how short of time we have left of school. Dunn hopes to keep her head high and just head into the next six weeks of school with high hopes of success.

As the final weeks of the 2016-2017 year comes upon us, students are all in different places of whether they want summer to be here or if they wish it was a little further away. When it comes down to the basic details most of the students at Napa High want it to be summer whether or not it comes in six weeks or eight weeks. Everyone is just hoping the rest of school goes by successfully and happily.