The Beat of the Drum

Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Julian Sosa, Reporter

With all the great food options surrounding Napa High, choices are hard to make. One hundred and fourteen students were asked the same question, ¨Around here [Napa High], where do you typically go for lunch?¨

The responses varied; the places ranged from as close as Tyler’s Pizza and as far as Golden Bagel. Food hot spots like Buttercream, Lawlers, and Starbucks where the most popular. Buttercream received 20 votes, Lawler’s 19, La Morenita Taqueria 12, Golden Bagel 6, Papa Joe’s 17, Starbucks 18, Burger King 9 and Tyler’s pizza with 13 votes.

¨First of all, Buttercream is not just a lunch spot, it’s a lifestyle, it’s like my second home. I walk in and they already know what’s up. They know the type of sauce I like and everything. The chicken is amazing, crunchy yet soft. I have no clue how they even get it to that perfection,¨  said junior Ricky Contreras.

¨They also give you a side of fries which makes it even better. Buttercream is the go-to spot for any occasion and that’s just straight facts¨ he said.

¨My favorite place to go eat during lunch would be Buttercream Bakery. Buttercream in general is so good! But the number one reason I go there is to get chicken strips and fries.¨ said junior Christopher Benitez whose favorite place, like Contreas, is Buttercream.

¨I can’t describe how good it is, you’re going to have to try it for yourself.¨ Benitez goes to buttercream two-three times a week.

Buttercream Bakery is one of the most popular places within the student body. Chicken strips with a side of fries are the most popular when it comes to lunch.

Anahi Tovar, a junior, said ¨I typically go to Starbucks for lunch because I love coffee and it keeps me awake throughout the school day. I typically go 3 times a week.¨ Like Buttercream, Starbucks is one of the most popular places to go.

Among with Starbucks and Buttercream, Lawler’s is one of the most populated places during lunch. Lawlers sell a variety of sandwiches, drinks, and chips for a cheap price, which is why it’s so popular.

¨I usually go to Lawler’s for lunch. I go there because they have some delicious sandwiches. I get a turkey sandwich, but they have more options to choose from. I go at least twice a week,¨ said junior Daniel Sandoval.

When you’re looking for a good, fast, and cheap place to eat lunch or when you’re unsure of where you want to go to lunch alone or with friends, make sure to visit the student-picked most popular places, Buttercream, Lawlers, and Starbucks.

1 Comment

One Response to “Napa High Lunch Time Favorites”

1. juan on January 26th, 2017 3:05 pm

i freaking lover butter cream especially the chicken strips and fries

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

Let’s Go Gaels!

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

Juniors Take On the CAASPP

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

The Mascot Recommendation

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

NHS Soccer Gives Back

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

What’s the Deal?

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

The Major League Baseball Season Has Arrived

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

Get your tickets to the Great Gatsby Prom!

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

Vintage Beats Napa in a Pitchers Duel

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Editor's Picks

The Beat of the Drum – April 2016

• Napa High Lunch Time Favorites

Arts & Entertainment

Meet the Artist: Olivia Ott

The student news site of Napa High School
Napa High Lunch Time Favorites