The student news site of Napa High School

The Beat of the Drum

Champions League Final Preview

Jose Zepeda, like many Napa High students, is excited for the Champions League Final

Daniel Rodriguez

Daniel Rodriguez

Daniel Rodriguez, Reporter

Road to Cardiff is set!

The eyes of the world will be glued to their televisions on June 3, 2017 as they enjoy the much anticipated Champions League Final. The Champions League is the most prestigious club soccer tournament in the world. The road to the Champions League Final in Cardiff, Wales first started on September 14, 2016 with the first group stage game between Paris Saint Germain from France and Arsenal F.C. from England. Ever since that day the group stage, round of 16, quarter finals, and the semi finals have passed. All there is left to play is the final between two European powerhouses Real Madrid C.F. from Spain and Juventus F.C. from Italy.

Both teams have had an impressive journey to reach the final. Juventus have a record of nine wins and three draws out of twelve games. Real Madrid boast an also impressive eight wins, three draws, and only one loss.

Real Madrid have been the busiest team in the competition with 32 goals to their name. Juventus have an impressive 21 goals to their name. Juventus not only thrive in front of goal but where they shine most is in defensive play. Juventus have the best defense in the league after only conceding 3 goals the entire competition.

Die hard Real Madrid fan Victor Lua has high hopes for the champions league final.

“It should be a great game both sides have proved that they are in fact the two best in Europe. I think it will be played out very close with each side having great opportunities to score but ultimately, I believe it will be my favorite team Real Madrid who lift the Champions League trophy in Cardiff for the twelve time.”

From a neutral standpoint the games poses to be full of thrills and exciting football. Both teams have promising youth who love to attack, as well as older more experienced players who know what it takes to reach success in such high profile games.

“From a neutral standpoint I think it’s going to be a good final, Real Madrid might sweep in and win in the last minute because all season they’ve proved to be capable of winning like that. I want and believe Juventus will win the final on June 3rd.” says Jose Zepeda.