The student news site of Napa High School

The Beat of the Drum

Rally 3/31

Napa High Gets Wild at Last Rally of the Year

Julian Sosa, Reporter

It’s the last rally of the school year. Like any other rally, as students come into Messner Gym where all rallies are held,  students were seated in their designated areas by grade level as Napa High’s very own band was playing.

The Rally was lead by seniors Leo Rodriguez and Max Harrop. The purpose of the Rally was to introduce the Spring sports. The Rally started off by Introducing the spring sports; Baseball, Tennis, Track, Softball, swimming, Badminton and Golf, as the teams walked together across Messner Gym.

After there was the  traditional class introductions in a friendly competition to see which class is the loudest and of course the seniors won.  After the class introductions there were videos shown made by the spring sports teams.

Followed by that there was a salsa performance by the Napa High Salsa dance group.

Salsa dancer and Napa High junior Alexis Aguiniga said “ Leading up to the rally I was very nervous because it was going to be my first ever performance, but overall after the performance I felt good that it was over and I think we ( salsa group) did a really good job.”  

“The salsa performance in my opinion went very good. I wasn’t that nervous because i’ve been in Jazz 3 years now and I’m getting used to performing for the school” said salsa dancer and junior Vanessa Acuna.

The rally carried on with a friendly game where 2 students, a boy and a girl from each class level, had to find a piece of thick gum in whipped cream and blow a bubble, the Sophomore class took the win.

The spring sports rally came to the conclusion when Napa High’s very own Spirit Leaders took the stage and performed once again.

Napa High Freshman Angel Rodriguez said “ it was the most boring rally yet, coming in as a freshman I thought they were really cool at first but now they are getting boring.”

NHS sophomore Raymond Munoz said “ The rally was alright. It wasn’t very exciting but it also wasn’t boring.”

“The Rally was dope, It’s my last ever rally in my high school years so I went all out for the rally and that’s what makes rallies fun, when you go all out.” said Senior Jose Perez.