The student news site of Napa High School

The Beat of the Drum

Attack on Titan Podcast

Kenji Deragon, Reporter

A podcast of news about the upcoming second season of Attack on Titan, and the thoughts on the spinoffs of the anime, as well as some hopes for the second season.  A discussion about the second season is included.

Attack on Titan, an anime that is very popular and renowned for making its fans wait for a second season after it was delayed multiple times and even having the possibility of complete cancellation suggested, has some mixed feelings about the second season’s release, which has been confirmed to be in April of 2017, among Napa High students. Some people are excited for the confirmation of the second season, like avid anime fan and sophomore Jordan Manies, who is “So happy that it’s finally been released, I’ve been waiting forever for it.” Maines is a very large anime fan and has merchandise from several different series. Fellow sophomore Hugo Ortiz is also excited about the anime’s release saying “the second season looks so much better than the first, with better animation quality and what looks like so much more information on the Titans and where they come from.” He claims that the second season is the only thing on his mind for the past few weeks. Not everyone is as excited about the second season, like sophomore Tristan Brennan-Evans, who says “The animation looks a little worse than the first season, and the story  of the new season seems a little shaky. I don’t think it can hold up to the standard set by the first season.”  Tristan also says that he “feels like the story has gone on long enough, and as annoying as the cliffhanger of the first season was, I just don’t feel like there’s enough substance to the story idea of the second season for there to be a full second season that can meet fan expectations, and give those fans a sense of completion”.  The second season clearly has some mixed feelings about its release among students at Napa High, but whether you are skeptical or you’re looking forward  to the new season of Attack on Titan, it’s coming out this year, and we can all cast our judgments after watching a few episodes of it. Whether you like it or hate it, that is for you to decide.