Sarah’s Valentine’s Crafts
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Valentines Day is just days away! And the big question is: What are some cool crafty things that you can do to spice up your gifts, or your food? Well there are quite a few that can add to your day of love.
Small Heart Cakes:http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/01/easy-valentines-day-cookies.html
- Heart shaped molds in Tin
- Baking mix for a cake (Any flavor as long as it’s light)
- Along with all the ingredients needed on the back of the box.
- Different colored food dye
- Writeable icing (to match food dye)
- Or decorations you feel might spice things up.
- An attitude ready for fun
- In any grocery store, you will find small tins with heart shaped molds (found mine at Target) along with everything else needed to make the cakes and decoration.
- When you get home, unpack all the needed ingredients. Get oven ready at the needed temperature on the box of baking mix. Then, begin to make the cake batter.
- Once batter is done and at the right consistency, separate it into smaller bowls. Then use your food dye to dye the cake batter to the colors you feel match your Valentine’s day style. *When using red, use more than you think necessary because after it’s been baked if you don’t put enough red it will turn pink.
- Once you get your batter to the wanted color, pour each color into the heart tin. Wait for the oven, then place them in. I suggest 4-5 minutes less than the time given on the box. Because of the shape of the tin, the cakes heat up faster than said.
- When the cakes are done and cooled of, use your decorations to decorate the cakes!
For another idea with a cheesecake batter, look at:
Other cute food ideas!:
Sarah’s Gift Bags:
This year I figured out how I can decorate ‘goody bags’ in a cute way. While walking in out of the Valentines Day section at various stores, I was on the hunt for cute Valentine’s Day bags and things to give to my friends. I then stumbled upon good finds and now I get to share my finds with you!
Things need for Sarah’s gift bags:
- “Party Bags” for multiple people MUST have red heart on them!
- Candy & goodies of your choice (but keep in mind the size of bag!)
- Elastic ties
- CUTE RIBBON! (I found mine in the dollar section at Target and then when those ran out I went to Michaels the craft store and found some lovely ribbon)
- Heart shaped lollipops, with thin long stems.
- Now, time for the getting the baggies together! First step: put all the goodies and candy inside your heart bags. Then tie them with an elastic tie. Make sure it’s good and tight!
- Take the top of the bag and ruffle it out so it looks full. Next take the cute ribbon and your heart shaped lollipops.
- Once you make the first over and under tie with the ribbon take the lollipop and place it inside the over and under ribbon that way its snug. Then take the ribbon and make a bow. Make sure it’s EXTRA tight so that the lollipop is secure.
- Then cut the ribbon ends to be even. And that is how you make Sarah’s goodie bags.
Other crafty home ideas:
If you decide to take my advice, take a picture of your creation and tag us on our social media accounts! Hashtag us at #sarahsvday!https://www.flickr.com/photos/wingitvegan/5432061054/